Alexander John Batyi on 21 Jan 2006 16:50:49 -0000

Re: Meeting Announcement

> Anyhow I am still interested in getting a splinter group of Amateur Radio
> ops or those interested together. So maybe if some are there tonight you
> can discuss this briefly.
>
> Doug

Hoping to try the super cheap sound card TNC, I got a 2N2222 transistor
and dusted off all my old packet equipment.  I haven't actually done
more than read about the kernel drivers for the sound card TNC and dig
up the transistor.  The idea is the radio audio goes into the sound card mic
input and the line out from the sound card goes into the radio mic input.
the transistor is used to key the radio using a line from the serial
or parallel port.  When I get time to do more I'll report it here.
                                              -bud N3JQB