Alexander John Batyi on 25 Jan 2006 15:54:05 -0000

Re: Amateur radio meeting???

> I did not get any response from my last message. Anyone interested in
> getting together?
>
> Doug

Sorry, haven't checked email for a few days.  It looks like we
are more a sliver than a splinter.  At least we don't have huge
room requirements.

My customers have been keeping me busy and so I haven't had
time to assemble a cable with the 2N2222 and try the kernel
drivers for the sound card TNC yet.  I figure having something
to actually meet about would be a good thing.  :-)

Also, thinking about packet radio, I remember connecting
to a Newtown BBS with a very weak signal using a
diskcone (SP?) antenna on a 30ft tower from Croydon (my
old ham shack) WAY back when...  This seems a prereq
for experiments Bensalem to Richboro.  I have been meaning to
put up some aluminum at this house but never get around to it.

I did make a new power cable for my GPS and dust off the
old Linux laptop (An ancient Toshiba Satellite) I used when
playing with the GPS.  I want to back up the hacked source code
to Roadmap and install Slackware 10.2 before trying to
integrate packet into that mess.

I schedule my time around customer requirements and can easily
squeeze in a meeting almost anytime.  -bud N3JQB