Vick on 3 Sep 2006 10:07:24 -0000

Re: Connecting to a Windows share

Did you add all the users and passwords to samba though? I had that issue too. Also what do you use to mount shares?

Jim DeCaro wrote:
A consistent problem I am encountering when working with various Linux
distros is connecting to smb shares on a Windows network. Very often, the
connection will not accept the credentials I type in for the local system.
I am connecting to file shares on a peer to peer Windows workgroup. The
shares show up, but I cannot authenticate to access them.

Any advice?