Theodore Present on 20 Oct 2006 22:50:41 -0000

X-Fi XtremeMusic driver

Hello,

I have a Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard in my computer. I
understand that Creative Labs says it will not release a Linux driver for
this card until second quarter 2007, and because of proprietary components,
will remain closed-source and thus no third party can develop one.  The ALSA
driver does not work.

To work around this, I have been connecting my speakers to the motherboard
sound jacks, but this only provides 2-channel instead of 5.1 audio.

Is there a substitute driver I can use for my X-Fi card that will at least
allow me to use 5.1 capabilities, if not the full range of signal processing
and features the card provides?

Thanks.

--
Ted Present