[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2017-07-18 discussion topics: setting up mail lists and anti-spam; & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group" <email@example.com>
- Subject: BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2017-07-18 discussion topics: setting up mail lists and anti-spam; & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 04:06:27 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 18.104.22.168 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 22.214.171.124 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=DJSanFlQTy59VCj3KWbLVUfy+b2rcJ0bS0d7WeaI07Q=; b=GN2yd0frgGX2GUxkGoM9xmovIdE6pqhKVZc6USNHYwpEcEoRQcQHM9zbKPBaYbiixy BTOZz5XKj8v2CZRm/ZtE1FfO32qOYjKKTBEGEue0xF/+YqA1Ueeb0r/Ab/83Wp77E5HQ ghFB3QZ6hV/x7/ZmYg/9EJpIUDbjTz7XzPG45wYCKAvUPESJLoRakqoTSVOWvjFD/HCz ZByD4AOS8uWW/iSGkh5j4SsvXmVIPRvBZYJK6jmFii8xY0JiwiqmIMcrCfsgMmjRyaxT +ALt4oE0YTaymPX2X+rBt1clFUDUJ+UIfwWqz3Ob4fw9kCGfJXFXj97w1q9YCqRjta9C VBcw==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results; bh=WMVvgJ/77rF3pSXPinWkYg0OUaJ5XLqm5fIQjzkv7+Y=; b=Al18kv9pSGtBS/yFxch4R4g04VVKkR/M+jhGOFU929xd5QutbwiEwqv2htVFfjqHcg MVppUqF4GqDbEwIGO3WJTSe/iGbtuKGMqQf2QedpUDEnynQmwT/RtvuV19fwl9R/sLPy RXBDf+VoQxB+xoQvPrPy9DjP7KT2Bt5K+pmz2W2HaZvZFAwWMi6tXlN+zgGCNrM1I4mu +fcdUAU9NWVJtT7Jw+kp2D1Ey7n99m2HywYKlI6c5Zd6MiELn46N0huofOZ4yxSgxQrU KbaJI+ZcnU7mmtB2CxfYBMp78SyjR+w65iRVVMjM92ys3DhQvPUB25O3UZZ7sX8j8vl8 U1NQ==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1500289588; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=k4KJcda1gLaCLCoIDebPo7Dr3JRlv+MZz4roiss1drs6CU3Xyq96saAhNpdzpDSkys Pe8WFYdlMceaZZMjbHiokO2V80Q5HgRzzhw7yjXtwCM8nVMo6bOP1CL4zvJ9/gc11j3i B8Wqp4/5YEfJkHWe18kNfpTZa35nNQPLgTu4GHy1f9b/74E9BrlZAoZcwYrSOG7UQigW D3M3JVBLP/+98KIu4aD+K888wZCJhmcf6MEd3faUMIM8t7N0nrJDFUV9ZESFfE96/OMe 8GCKMS6Glb8yVZH52apwtGo40URfEh4hIOkS2QwUpc4Sq/ij0zDVvePOgtCLnW8VrrjA Qwrg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1500289587; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=E0KvOePpoc+CglrBF6lEgjQAZzl1jvGPAClPt86BMdMbkgCqV/aR1AJj7hNIlDV/lW 5vfCO9szXMF468N+tz/rSNJKUIwb9vrI7p9smb5pW6Ts1OSkR1+iz5Sla7qGXiAN19Jl 095jvWBodJerUFHsm5ve+7ZzaJ9BRe33ihEQ+lt10RO6IYePBc3uevm1sAAgEYTeYR69 BYwNVhrTHhRtRnhDNIaYO0xmTcTKih7MNs4+Rk1yTFTDh5KAoMvhKig+ujDFhAuZ5xBr JlcsMVGDS6YbwSlutZCT4pGUFN7bmmy//L47fbgwsShoDIlsPR/3Xd2eNXt0mZrQw1pK soHA==
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=DJSanFlQTy59VCj3KWbLVUfy+b2rcJ0bS0d7WeaI07Q=; b=WJJO+LxZozmna/quEMB+BHOYdOv2iHw9fPO81hUxG6Hl8EDuvQW/zlcbSeZEjyQUQ4 OTRKG8pWbEDdBqczybQDsP5vGRqYXRXmv8IHmenEbfr0LRljf9cIirYxjz97XjKTwm35 0EUqGF/A2UxMqOOIKh8fmzqu6F8tzrHm0zjl7nWeuDmfKNvVduokwGl7mG0Zh/Da4Sc3 oDsZn83siIfnlkx42m6019h3lpUejp+u1GPgj6/S4BljbY8oSKRGY64zVuZoCtyaexgp RWmNBbMgxqvggTYvdvcL6bQU89MoK/Te9eMBmhYgosxFUmgYd7CwY17Te/5X9I8gYmo1 gkPg==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list email@example.com; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2017-07-18 discussion topics: setting up
mail lists and anti-spam; & other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG meeting TOMORROW: Tu 2017-07-18 discussion topics: Setting up GNU
mailman version 2.1.18 lists (on Debian), including anti-spam
techniques using eximconfig v2.5 and exim4 (note also RSVP policy)
giveaways (Books/publications, CDs/DVDs, ...)
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
Upcoming BALUG list changes!
For our 2017-07-18 BALUG meeting discussion topics: Setting up GNU
mailman version 2.1.18 lists (on Debian), including anti-spam techniques
using eximconfig v2.5 and exim4 (note also RSVP policy):
At least presently we don't have a specific speaker/presentation lined
up for this meeting, but that doesn't prevent us from having interesting
and exciting meetings and discussions, and we do have a set of
discussion topics, so we'll likely cover at least fair bit of that and
very possibly other/additional topics folks may bring up at the meeting.
Our suggested topics for this meeting:
Setting up GNU mailman version 2.1.18 lists (on Debian),
anti-spam techniques using:
eximconfig v2.5 and:
exim4. We also manage to sometimes secure/confirm a speaker too late
for us to announce or fully publicize the speaker (that's happened at
least twice in the past). Got questions, answers, and/or opinions? We
typically have some expert(s) and/or relative expert(s) present to cover
Linux and related topic areas. Want to hear some interesting discussions
on Linux and other topics? Show up at the meeting, and feel free to
bring an agenda if you wish. Want to help ensure BALUG has
speakers/presentations lined up for future meetings? Help refer speakers
to us and/or volunteer to be one of the speaker coordinators. Great food
and people, and interesting conversations to be had.
As was decided unanimously at the 2017-03-21 BALUG meeting, we updated
the RSVP policy - in short, if you want to be sure there's a meeting to
go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for us to receive it by not
later than 5pm of date of meeting.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you're planning to attend,
and also note our revised RSVP policy further below.
Meeting kicks off at 6:30 P.M. - we start with meet and greet and chat
and such, then proceed with dining around 7:00 P.M. for dinner - please
arrive before 7:00 P.M. if you want to join us for dinner.
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
IF WE'VE RECEIVED EXACTLY ZERO RSVPs BY 5:00 P.M. ON DATE OF MEETING,
MEETING MAY BE CANCELLED WITH NO FURTHER NOTIFICATIONS. So, if we
receive your RSVP in time, then there is a meeting, if we receive zero
RSVPs in time, there may not be a meeting, so if you want to be sure
there's a meeting to go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for
us to receive it by not later than 5:00 P.M. US/Pacific time on date of
meeting. Host(s) and any speaker(s)/presenters will be presumed to be
RSVPed yes, but will not be counted towards the total of RSVPs received
even if they've explicitly RSVPed (hosts/speaker(s)/presenter(s) will
be communicated with if meeting is cancelled for any reason).
6:30pm Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 2017-07-18
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $13.00 to $20.00 range, and
commonly around $15.00 to $17.00. Cash may be preferred to ease
splitting up the check. One can also specifically order the
dish(es) one needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and
we also commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
Books and other titles!
have a look/read here:
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a peek here:
We may also be able to "burn" images per request or copy to USB flash,
etc. Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG,
e.g. following up on many leads for possible venue, among many other
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: email@example.com
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads
on-site coordination/preparations), see also:
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Upcoming BALUG list changes?!
Yes, for the past many years, much of BALUG, including our lists, has
been and is still presently hosted on DreamHost.com. We will be
changing that in the not-too-horribly-distant-future. We'll update on
status when that's about to change and when it does change. We'll
provide more details as we approach and go through that transition, and
we'll make it as painless as feasible. At present, there's a bunch of
updated information regarding our progress and plans on this on the
BALUG-Admin list and also the new BALUG-Test list - and there's also
a wiki page tracking a fair bit of progress details.
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): firstname.lastname@example.org
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.