[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: meeting: Tu 2017-08-15 discussion topics: WWW::Mechanize, ...; & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group" <email@example.com>
- Subject: BALUG: meeting: Tu 2017-08-15 discussion topics: WWW::Mechanize, ...; & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 21:36:43 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 18.104.22.168 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 22.214.171.124 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=LI7QoGZw5+TkiFA2sJidJiV+tMKTooH/+r6HQXRu4Fo=; b=t6hsYYzTAmBrxV9bc0F5HF2PXpHyRaR+QYwlyeoumbQKK7xSxICfV3Qxfy9UvK6wCK jZnz6FiplxW4VzpSz7bGrZs6dZ828+MtBqG2nZKVqVpJ+5zpZXTPPD2PVXKsV1p6xwRj qTvnw6869A5XP3KT8zri80VGeeQa3ZNU5NgDLlP3bH//lS97KMO7/8qj+dv04/jKEQ35 cSqNbAvhG9dPeJX7Vlgy++7WbbIArgArWlqfYJTsQQNzzM/TIxvVnM2u86IJdd8ugvWr XDdNuzMGXggEcz8anwjmaDUJtdoYL2xfDX6IXdmku2tKeTyqlfpOIeYJNHaOMKrP+/yE uVkQ==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results; bh=swyiclhWRGJLsYxPOw0YbUlGtbdgO86TGlUTngX2NF0=; b=vA5+j3wJyuocOW8cBreXEaiISxLgFhRXAvY7oYruuu8GiiOPH0xkIZxurK5CeNBiaf ZuPeHheVNihCJrUxLnxsjMxoW3Omyhn8xiDHUnL3BbyddcI7nBo/GlV2rMYoVhpR5LzJ yw9Wk8ZHUOje+fLidhCm3YTDydCBsqCDfFGFyHujFAkGIoyd6sqWw6xRMh6hQofz/4vm D42tY9gU3vGojaFmeLjaX1u5JnHjVxGxDKpNAE2IHxdhu2OV+5MoYqPdsEM3cEmLdSXL /caIrMDrkmO1kOMQ+oE1Fgq2XNdPW8abQqVRADW/ISH1TnR79xXQm6uVXvinmjDdfKEv NpjQ==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1502685404; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=QqaT2bsrV/uU/xpXytkOQ5mGtx71qpOVSdjbEgllxCfmOp1JzHfPG7DBoWuJjyEYDf iP3wSdo77xhwqCD1t8f26bvUBPHwmFOELvai88sZetnVc7imY2Y+u0DifbHnEPyQxbgK NOdV74X2PBAH7plsrCoMaJtVFDf4xsNpCb7n2wQTdDz74hvGSyFHEJujnrCnP/a1SIfm vnUby2K1NcVvZM4e6YLnKazoxZ0WE+Mk+8wYeqLP9TcIaDNUfSmlejS9fcqQRoxzWUwq NwFrilCFsAt46jxhnuL+TjzAtczWg5ifSMToEGGYaRRXO9R0Zz4bSNfUxkL7PivUVdx3 3xag==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1502685404; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=wowm6ySrCHL9FZwsmUSqWYJbMIUmFw/mGsZ7mSgKUnlxOt9J1ifw3m0BbGzLwYL0P8 7cS+Lzhau/Yq0E3Z0EN1NY18bBpKSeEc14MrzqNEw/B+szYDhVCehb1pcH6GhfCNr5/1 NE3wWa+Y1/YbRsLMxFGfDfBbje8yetr6bMZlsoPgX3ygdWN/TOQ5RhNLac7itEJI38n3 1ikQ1gIa74aOt5DY0/gCtNC/pj3Oj4b0gKGhnaG2yQjTUXP9qNxd86Mn7AYC7NEVSyvF WOKBUtTEHiPfcNzyAyOJhiE8xpmDUyZwVwQm3df3+W10fEMDqI8h4Arboc1IKnpiA5Z3 RC6w==
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=LI7QoGZw5+TkiFA2sJidJiV+tMKTooH/+r6HQXRu4Fo=; b=R+8yPknGYYOyNyyx0F0sZQsg+UC4EvBZRmKMYqEuAlF8rYrtWBs75MKnJPrrdExd55 c1aJC1HCGBWc4l35J0hpeBUpn81jQlijnd8628hE/GHUZPEN2r25Vg/bwogwS+39vuWr 29Qr6cju8bl7hWa0UOqkjvg1gaj/o05m11k4mczF2WuxgcRFdwb4mszrfwbqYb3GVDC1 dyAMh2R94LHDGpSLHWxRf6Y36o12u2J10Pq7AqrHFyb1bE6/wcqTbE60ECWUuzGR6vKn viDYthmlllOhbLWSXAiSVukieJ/dxVYWvYKQwP4WAFUDkVLT3jB/DZ0ojVDkdN7Nl143 5HYQ==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list email@example.com; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: meeting: Tu 2017-08-15 discussion topics: WWW::Mechanize, ...;
& other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG meeting: Tu 2017-08-15 discussion topics: WWW::Mechanize, ...
(note also RSVP policy)
BALUG lists migrated! ...
giveaways (Books/publications, CDs/DVDs, ...)
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
BALUG meeting: Tu 2017-08-15 discussion topics: WWW::Mechanize, ...
(note also RSVP policy)
We don't have a formal presentation lined up for this meeting, but we do
have a suggested discussion topic: WWW::Mechanize.
WWW::Mechanize is a perl module, which is very handy for, among other
things, automating handling of web pages, e.g. gathering and submitting
data, and handling reasonably predictable interaction on web pages. For
example, it was used by Michael Paoli on BALUG's recent mail list
migrations, migrating 1,232 subscriptions on 3 lists, including 13,885
subscriber option/preference settings, reading all that data from over
1,232 web pages, and likewise posting those setting preferences to 1,232
As was decided unanimously at the 2017-03-21 BALUG meeting, we updated
the RSVP policy - in short, if you want to be sure there's a meeting to
go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for us to receive it by not
later than 5pm of date of meeting.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you're planning to attend,
and also note our revised RSVP policy further below.
Meeting kicks off at 6:30 P.M. - we start with meet and greet and chat
and such, then proceed with dining around 7:00 P.M. for dinner - please
arrive before 7:00 P.M. if you want to join us for dinner.
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
IF WE'VE RECEIVED EXACTLY ZERO RSVPs BY 5:00 P.M. ON DATE OF MEETING,
MEETING MAY BE CANCELLED WITH NO FURTHER NOTIFICATIONS. So, if we
receive your RSVP in time, then there is a meeting, if we receive zero
RSVPs in time, there may not be a meeting, so if you want to be sure
there's a meeting to go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for
us to receive it by not later than 5:00 P.M. US/Pacific time on date of
meeting. Host(s) and any speaker(s)/presenters will be presumed to be
RSVPed yes, but will not be counted towards the total of RSVPs received
even if they've explicitly RSVPed (hosts/speaker(s)/presenter(s) will
be communicated with if meeting is cancelled for any reason).
6:30pm Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 2017-08-15
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $13.00 to $20.00 range, and
commonly around $15.00 to $17.00. Cash may be preferred to ease
splitting up the check. One can also specifically order the
dish(es) one needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and
we also commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
BALUG lists migrated! ...
BALUG lists have been migrated* from DreamHost.com hosting services.
Note that at least for now:
o domain for URLs and postings has temporarily changed (will
eventually be shifted back to same domain as earlier, and there will
be a fairly long overlapping grace period where both will work)
* lists have been migrated (merging/migration of old archives still
pending), subscribers and their options/settings all also migrated
(except all subscriber passwords were reset, and those were sent
out individually to subscribers when they were migrated)
o One can find the relevant links under http://www.balug.org/#Lists
o Links to older archives not yet migrated and merged, can be also be
found on each lists' current information page
o more details can be found on the BALUG-Talk list, and yet more
details on the BALUG-Admin list - all the BALUG lists are publicly
archived, so, if one wishes to, one can browse/download those
postings, without need to subscribe to those lists.
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
Books and other titles!
have a look/read here:
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a peek here:
We may also be able to "burn" images per request or copy to USB flash,
etc. Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: email@example.com
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads,
on-site coordination/preparations), see also:
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): firstname.lastname@example.org
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.