Re: I'm here, been here a while ... Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2018-01-14 at 85c Bakery

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
I'm here, been here a while.
Got space, got power, other(s) here too ...
Thus far today when I've checked, Wi-Fi has been crud:
(Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) & IPv4 & IPv6 connectivity, zero connectivity
beyond AP, basically no IP connectivity beyond the local wLAN/subnets).
Presently have IP tethered off mobile phone.

I'm wondering what has caused and probably may still cause 85C Bakery's WiFi to slow to a crawl, i.e., to be so "cruddy" ??
- Is this sluggishness *completely* due to the increased number of 85C Bakery patrons using-up most of the assigned IP addresses ??
- Could it also be that more users (e.g., students and even BerkeleyLUG attendees) are using much more of the WiFi bandwidth for streaming, for downloading large files, ...etc ??
- Could all the sluggishness and dropped connections be due to something different, e.g., due to heavier volume on 85C Bakery's Internet Service Provider ??

Will myself likely get to the BerkeleyLUG meetup hopefully before 2pm, assuming there'll stiil be sufficient table space (possibly without the std 4-6 laptops that someone regularly brings?) and chairs for myself and other attndees to sit down.
Since the WiFi is (and has been) so cruddy, will bring along for myself a Linux magazine to read, and for anyone else who's interested, a Mio DigiWalker C310x (http://www.mio.com/au/products-car-navigation-c310-overview.htm) to give away then.

-A

---