[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-04-17; & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-04-17; & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 00:43:30 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 22.214.171.124 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=XpAPS/Te847geMUF0s3MyniaYwn1ZUXrfFlech0vDrc=; b=AsKKgc588kHZ1Im4Tn4qxEIZqN382bW7lZKuY7HDAhQ/MrXV8ALU4XnZEPqDBJDgTi /PASiqcU8RIiqdCfWCkXWYTZCzy5zc5iqjlm0W16Skcwk3fxKVf6EQu7+TCMn82o1707 v3SK1XcYP4jIDzplbcucX31MZXo2yiE9dYQMy0tqghRnWqKEFHyHANWoyNpcRwkIB+bZ 81LhsSLceTKjfSkVseB/HttTx5SsdoDyBKw5gkscyPWlTVdnW974V2L1glr9CHeKpIJ4 lAOvHKQ5efSqyUkpnZSjBxqyda0UPXHq/wxTca4KK2+JcmbqNRuW8uymIWJ/HVWXn+kB Qs0Q==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results; bh=F3fnhmPYtEaa6iKB5wHe/TGbtWyXca7FcaaYbJZKgoI=; b=Jjjqh7uNL2Ostx0jh0zUVZK36U1XaEqNLr5y1QTKXSj1Kg1PsRM7NZP9SdSRibVA7L 2oNX0jZA+9dLVuzR6ltcK9SxwSeKTnz4yUHxibvhkjZU1TkAWnULHWU/NDOrUb5ZqHhk T1tH+U3ihsC3R6az2bHdBMQB5TD8LCgQIBHU7w1AwpeaMdUqVULu6BBk/VzmSJKRHnFn 5Tt2waSNCgvk9+czvzSkz+F7N+iIRskl5cdFVQfLLU69Mc4v1GgTgAYz03MQF8eeAqv2 PNCxzVaM/Ff7eWcLBmCLtwwbHqZ/RcZ41fz7MLpSCqzls0hlbfqKcXZUyUr//pxeTgPy 89lg==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1523864611; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=VaGZEmCmzWOQo5uWvxMs472RUY6DzbzdJ+avqVlr/JVweXEpx1/DKQhIw1gGWAA0VV Ory2rFmxYc0ZpFi/GChuAT5pBTyhSCT8DT9/XMzRN/E/ooEb3/XTDp9dVHR0nEqCkwSX wl4dwIQrkPCKp94nyAgvcYcNsb4Gz2XzpiCJZCUT8RE4gZLuPjtCNHvqnBkWd5osg+XR FTbjZfbHDVmvCQ+6BwD2dsvX47VKeqbWB5MMI75HX/toyPuOAlMtvUS1hxQrLeoomYMn sK/Zqjj4Qa/M2zTcqmT5K9RrcPspb/AH3uAkws+ko+jOaOEN89RHx98IseG9gWN/7ZAb siAw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1523864611; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=IDU9FzLXZ3aN6VeqzEtm1RQNegSE6qWTU3PsCzqJenm+hBLHttBEXxwFAY7ECOvzpr 2MoivBTbdBr7EU7odSLFK/cdc4XL1kRYxa9tILYNypVFqVUZJlXQiVUlSehsgnpZsHP0 7aIrc9uF65k84/EHRPrYzyJjFbWttlCmu2sXGA/kFUHiltqTEcH1AEizsZdE3A60LK1m 4kA44YY0SbgfBVtujPRNvUu7Q/SNpJ+gIc8Q2PXXGyv1sdVcfOk3cv4bjBCBvxRW3sIk UPoipjIAzN5VONX3//TUcw5+IOMTAJ4x1zntFIvQjz378lGinin9pqI6kL7DPQi9iteH NV1w==
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=XpAPS/Te847geMUF0s3MyniaYwn1ZUXrfFlech0vDrc=; b=X8d6KA+pLbe5vkTV46Q7MQO9DIOx4dwF04fhK78j50ajTkwrO2bDS+kG3pc1QN8us1 beE2vlYMXNT4eb+U8lFgTJO6jyyVe1eefCHZTPa7tmkkyXrhItpa6+PKDF6vyfI4yNa0 ijeJDTXYg2p3puVC/aWnsS1D1mrgcJm9uGgZ3G5Sw2ZvBrNk23Bqp2ZXgq/owhVx2L37 gYJVw0H1kVCfKxeIK4ZGb8zewn6kK2KyL+jAWtsIXzgBz+YjKNu3LJwL2BS+/SDsLd0E gvhw0LFHaQ0q6sz6z2PK9Z8QJ0bMQJWD5XsZtWthrcxptwsRO51+vEfKZSeWs4QBjouh qJkg==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-04-17; & other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG: meeting TOMORROW!: Tu 2018-04-17
giveaways (Books/publications, CDs/DVDs, ...)
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
For our 2018-04-17 (3rd Tuesday) BALUG meeting:
At least presently we don't have a specific speaker/presentation lined
up for this meeting, but that doesn't prevent us from having
interesting and exciting meetings and discussions. We also manage to
sometimes secure/confirm a speaker too late for us to announce or fully
publicize the speaker (that's happened at least twice in the past).
Got questions, answers, and/or opinions? We typically have some
expert(s) and/or relative expert(s) present to cover Linux and related
topic areas. Want to hear some interesting discussions on LINUX and
other topics? Show up at the meeting, and feel free to bring an agenda
if you wish. Want to help ensure BALUG has speakers/presentations
lined up for future meetings? Help refer speakers to us and/or
volunteer to be one of the speaker coordinators. Great food and
people, and interesting conversations to be had.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're planning to attend,
and also note our revised RSVP policy further below.
Meeting kicks off at 6:30 P.M. - we start with meet and greet and chat
and such, then proceed with dining around 7:00 P.M. for dinner - please
arrive before 7:00 P.M. if you want to join us for dinner.
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to email@example.com
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
6:30pm Tuesday, April 17th, 2018 2018-04-17
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $13.00 to $20.00 range, and
commonly around $15.00 to $17.00. Cash may be preferred to ease
splitting up the check. One can also specifically order the
dish(es) one needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and
we also commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a look here:
Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
Books and other titles!
have a peek here:
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads,
o assist on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): email@example.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.