[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: Tu 2018-06-19: Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS (the datacenter operating system); & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group (BerkeleyLUG)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: BALUG: Tu 2018-06-19: Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS (the datacenter operating system); & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 07:15:15 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 22.214.171.124 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=TW7jifvcd5k75ua1QkYMJQG2U3yYvRqI1F5+ekQuMXo=; b=BvJIpvmDeFOJnFG7b1aYo/jZy4FlOVidkIg3LHeQld0TGaMM1ocodu6I7oHRlggv5f IboqoOjBqSQhqQ49CxGwKTs2vHwCQkWCRiJM+BYYcenVQzm/3RzI2YFK6R+R+AlUXPKR itzW2ahWHFowtfMLUCqYOhj9fWeXcbAvte3g6WSvAulVLwLBiDHNBuUw9tT937RTKIrj uz6fZ5Zkcu9E2lR4zgL2fbfMdTmxKbcN9Vxz1TkgziXCs4XVPWrewmWpEsP0zOIQgoAj 3QjGwctAkgFpGaSlsX4+sEWxHK9EA/6Mi7bpbZe1cZ7uf964bFHKiiLZl46PbNo6Iuof 6MSg==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results; bh=fj6Q1g/Hi3QFHztN2LeOhu7WXUGixBlGOFPiGqDthhw=; b=s/zcmPFUDhb8H1EpKrRCN5+PqfGZbSlUzsa0C3xd+Run6Ee/UoaGv3MA9jK12YqNcN 8XwXB3BEDMMH51KNpeHAeyxWX/RsjHbxaY/JJJTqS7+SevOfPJKaQ2qotRltHFd8MhRG PlYfH20xn2+5+z0/Dk5Gj2DcnGlicu6WL+EDEBbkULSJq6t8FOk0N/ZLSUVjAeDSG50P hI1cwVVm7LH2I/3ke/eJIxNNB/RyVJcjJSrqYxBxSwtdDQYj4nNoeixDIPw0XWhSRAcZ dCP1l7cjiEUgY5skl6MU//+YQm0CKtasDVZvUDO0gew11oX/mGvRLBSZU8wvaHVV5T8q T6Jg==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1529072119; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=cNHFBu/X0xw4rFC3Hhm6IDUez7Fh+s6Uj1hh3AhoCVFA4LmWy0ap3MmTg9hibl5OAe RBcknYzenlihL7Mn8sBLQvL2G/7VvN+i53jOJjYpNIqGnsW8IlpVeoXK7lzlcZQNT/Pq Ml9hV/MqWc1gw3HXlYReZZXzUzGyFl+1TIN6eH2slwTkHxKhleM65qigqCbOovngoUMJ +Swci3+7iplPhiIPXEFBFZ8PuksSTxfD4gLwebkpu756ub8DwC5k/aK7g3EUebII2JQb al3ohb7LeS6U6ahoLW5ZFk3IvQE6JhlvERJPX4fAfgr9X3jd8lyTvDsMLz+AVpAnRILm K1Pg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1529072116; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=yHSa6NRh2zU+/oH0MI1qNte8snJjqfOYQQKT9f3gN1gHIuY0gO/xiBIxD3mhr2o1de BVKi0L0OSV85D0GprQ3tDF1N2ThO5soTIsuZKG7/n9jci0o2ZPMnsl7Loy3CMm45VABx OtG/u79WTxCDnrW3mvgEPcNFzcdVHSEilCglSk3aMUMInLLVwbcaih9/NVhFZ9Tyyp1K zClDhNaEJYeteUxX3zh+05kx9q2gpknbQhRIc+vtMyOh5raRlzuShsaSfnK2NGHqXIl2 IU5wIV6FwBKXDDvdj2BNZ8OV/9D5Com5Dd5E++7+XtUKXmWYmz7+SyNw1loaYcx2WwUj hEAA==
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=TW7jifvcd5k75ua1QkYMJQG2U3yYvRqI1F5+ekQuMXo=; b=KxwYJDf/ye7oPupz37QnIigIMyIgQ6PpuUWQ1qexBBYWFCPbzd0OT11bUK9N+0d2p+ MVYd/JvG6Xhwl79LNxuTbqfTYNK1EiuQu1GTj+9E1ipJU80J3qIHI82iif3YjODKG2gS qK+NozhapLfwp4j4HFsdWXGRxaCKoqMlLvLBZXT/dxI0ZvN6Rrw/6j4Uk+beYv8c+ofy 1hJkYVCJLxFEi8lsmqT5SKvHiUF6PqV8gTRknrWQgISRMe2n+xBwCyZgZU7Btcmxdi8B qfmDhKBbRga4c17iXAa44rDIhoWQd/IHWu3NV8XoZILMIDo27ExFbMj5++O2c9w28Ho2 0bNg==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: Tu 2018-06-19: Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS (the datacenter
operating system); & other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG meeting 2018-06-19: Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS
giveaways (Books/publications, CDs/DVDs, ...)
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
This month, for our 2018-06-19 (3rd Tuesday) BALUG meeting,
we are proud to present: Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS
Elizabeth K. Joseph: DC/OS (the datacenter operating system)
Elizabeth K. Joseph joins us to give an introduction to DC/OS.
Tooling around container orchestration has gained a lot of attention
recently with various open source tools promising to deliver the
framework to manage a highly available container infrastructure. This
talk will explore DC/OS (the datacenter operating system) an
open-source, distributed operating system based on the
Apache Mesos distributed systems kernel. DC/OS manages multiple
machines in the cloud or on-premises from a single interface; deploys
containers, distributed services, and legacy applications into those
machines; and provides networking, service discovery and resource
management to keep the services running and communicating with each other.
A demo using real streaming will also be given to show how DC/OS can
easily use various popular open source big data tools to process data
coming in and present it to the user.
Bio: Elizabeth K. Joseph spent much of the past decade working as a
Linux systems administrator, and today works as a Developer Advocate at
Mesosphere. She is the author of Common OpenStack Deployments
and The Official Ubuntu Book.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're planning to attend,
and also note our revised RSVP policy further below.
Meeting kicks off at 6:30 P.M. - we start with meet and greet and chat
and such, then proceed with dining around 7:00 P.M. for dinner - please
arrive before 7:00 P.M. if you want to join us for dinner.
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to email@example.com
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
6:30pm Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 2018-06-19
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $13.00 to $20.00 range, and
commonly around $15.00 to $17.00. Cash may be preferred to ease
splitting up the check. One can also specifically order the
dish(es) one needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and
we also commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a look here:
Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
Books and other titles!
have a peek here:
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads,
o assist on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): email@example.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.