[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AC Power, Wi-Fi but not from venue itself: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2018-11-11 12Noon STANDARD Time at 85C Bakery
- To: BerkeleyLUG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: AC Power, Wi-Fi but not from venue itself: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2018-11-11 12Noon STANDARD Time at 85C Bakery
- From: Rick Moen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 14:28:34 -0800
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) email@example.com
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) email@example.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:reply-to:user-agent:organization :in-reply-to:content-disposition:mime-version:references:message-id :subject:to:from:date:sender:dkim-signature; bh=/n/7PeSzB0ZQ7GBae6bQjOepT9kCxeWPFz0SCcpmWso=; b=H5ETTRAATJg4A/Z6XsYCXkxOnUrc/HmkitN91U+tLDtjteKK95uGqmNAX7KKeRi29/ wKLp6mZt0v/roenCV006NGBECpraCvqQiwnDZ1JD1/mZ5kKpG0JVgOf3+xjU7CrnGzSU LL89Tz/Am3znJrLmBKzJYXCQZEoJ/pG2fn/H0vPCDbVSdmm82D4lExOX8SoLa+yLkKoL lic6O1nrsSq9ccyBUpthn8vS7zMJQjIJ7mNdH07WGNshHjZIpu+zCtYVf9RyJAqaAniM 6ToKGDKxmiU3yTnSMe5bNvC4Xv9lPpVAT0DFJZ/wd+WykRO3oVmRVkOCJAji0zR/ZS0y O2vQ==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:organization:in-reply-to:content-disposition :mime-version:references:message-id:subject:to:from:date; bh=SQfqfw/KRNfvDXmvSU7W/gAc1BtcR1e4B19PA8XinDk=; b=ahO2eZNzrjP7Y3sd8uwWxy66VY74oNiWkt276gD5mOUgco122Y58uGgUs1dZFcxGCj TaX7QhH1MfQAURoumG3QK+PrEumL4jhMlApBS+85KDdmIAaqRI+WHWOjKPMjRW4hAOP9 MFyxA5nXIZ2wd2vf8mtxFA4gMnKU4KEiELhcgbpENkvm6Pap4bHT7nW4wd3W/N6plzly UJjIfGjMG1UNi0bgsRtj1Zo6Z1CSBTbcmElFr2YvxqExWnBIGRX7YnyLSNSWZJJdHe/R EIhWLkNsvRpJbLkZPargyr8gZsH35A+8bvQUjfoTz6e3XOOZBkTNkKTFiWnIUAri/vnJ jwbA==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1541982592; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=pRbDrLwu6/XnZyPWNevNFmKK4SEmZdHAaxBfm7OmVKnFXJs5my6UTLamYuK1jZCdtZ ti1CnFuxiUHAH3QuQ4+NYx44t2ROoCuVc+ybpwhZoZlubIDAfQ/6vC1nWvqZO9KXhIcl 0nFKBuUX3ydst15g6czm/MamyScr436T8ESoSLpUT6873splQAsUheENglyTF5PUN+FS 7Jxwrmc1OjxwrjaL26zaL/PgaB88HwoY/Zx84LoSl4r6MaYEIzV7k00A23LOKhyKL+EQ SK3U1pB2s5HaStFTXByuD02Le4ObsnuU+Bg1gZEo3SQLaa+wBFiKx60qCrwvZbRt0pP8 lEpg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1541975318; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=d+t7LKvPK5LH7lD9fkt9VZ8tj/A84fXdujdrwsOe0O31iEF+ZoedtU6M8sTj8f0Zyf SJQJNkADPXJfXCFX5H9C6sJxPDjPL3Rvfg7RjxyOiiU2dyYhyzMU2SYszSb9d614FBUP n2O3q98TbywSdCCkSScgH6P1UrH8zUGFeUsEW5dJtb72IRN3vZ9Dr2YrN/opzXRJhVlx ufElc13hSTeKzgc3QHGrBNbX+cq7YGQ/f8YQvaeaWIwycN+lldthi9U1+nYWcubbMz+R W9XeegjYjMGxHtQq4thaP7ggBcyd/xBnGNutwD3Hyr2Nmr4P0Fw05Lbq5gFOC1ZDwm4+ gZVg==
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:date:from:to:subject:message-id:references:mime-version :content-disposition:in-reply-to:organization:user-agent :x-original-sender:x-original-authentication-results:reply-to :precedence:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-archive :list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=/n/7PeSzB0ZQ7GBae6bQjOepT9kCxeWPFz0SCcpmWso=; b=gln7IIbWMBl521ZXSYcXhXd6q5AYQjRie/QICwlEONmBI8FlKjp7Fd+KJ7RkA932GI JuJfrOqXyqXKLYoj/zlk17fn6fpnv5K8HzIV8658cEu7gkbghecdjcBKraZ1vmExyfF1 78JnLxyKmc+4e1HwYuheEUZRwVZDtOoZrVn8k/9T4t+f4cM8JIDyX9QYFo1/lla+xaEv E8RlptWWi347Kdgu0ruTmD9ck9TbwJ/oNdlzz9OO4bCc8fXEOh+4eoZxSOe3qZwmQWZS M5eEAtv8eP2GSdUEyTTYYor+8QW29kX0CxgS/ReL/wZCHVWK0mZ4SxGympG6RnVufNq/ sNTg==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- Organization: If you lived here, you'd be $HOME already.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):
> Have had 4 of us here so far ...
But also, now, two fewer, followingthe latest round of John Regan aka
Giovanni aka whatever-it-is-this-week misconduct right there at the
I've had a near-contemporaneous account of what happened. Sadly, I had
a conflicting obligation in Milpitas, otherwise I most certainly would
have brought a screeching halt to this nonsense. Honestly, hasn't John
wrecked enough BerkeleyLUG meetings already, or do y'all intend to keep
just sitting there and only reacting long after the fact, and with little
or no consequence?
What I heard happening was: John Regan walked in and saw three women
sitting at the table BerkeleyLUG traditionally uses. He started
hassling the women and telling them they had to move because this is a
reserved table. Michael Paoli reminded John that no, this is not a
reserved table and never is one, nor are any of the others downstairs.
John ignored Michael, continued to give the women a hard time, and
advised them that he was finding them another table. Kim Davalos spoke
up to reiterate what Michael P. said, that _no_, this is not a reserved
table. John told the women that they should ignore Kim because she
arrived late. After being thus browbeaten, the women finally got up and
After the fact, 85c Bakery management confirmed exactly what Michael and
Kim had said, and were informed of the repeatedly and continually
misbehaving person who evidently needs stronger social control so he
can no longer run amok at BerkeleyLUG. Arrangements were made with the
manager in the future for them to step in sooner the next time this
person cannot behave in a civilised fashion to require him to
Today's incident, like many of the others John has inflicted on
BerkeleyLUG this year, are in my view simply disgraceful and should be
curbed instantly rather than induluged. Already, the _immediate_
result of today's incident was that two regulars, disgusted with
the failure to enforce obvious standards of acceptable behaviour, walked
out and went elsewhere.
I've privately warned after past incidents that permitting this loon to
run amok at BerkeleyLUG is quite likely to destroy the group if proper
corrective action is not taken. Today, I'm reiterating that warning
You already know what to do. End this. Next time, stop sitting on your
tochises, get up, and do it. Seriously, people, this isn't even
difficult to figure out. (See also .signature.)
Cheers, "I am a member of a civilization (IAAMOAC). Step back
Rick Moen from anger. Study how awful our ancestors had it, yet
firstname.lastname@example.org they struggled to get you here. Repay them by appreciating
McQ! (4x80) the civilization you inherited." -- David Brin
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.