Am giving away a Toshiba CB30-B3122 Chromebook 2 device of unknown origin that I found laying around outside maybe a year ago or less. Unknown origin meaning that I can't determine its history or what's been loaded onto it, other than mentioning that it's definitely been previously used.--
Couldn't locate a compatible a/c power adapter that I could use to power up and test this.
Here are some initial websites I found describing this Chromebook 2 and its a/c power adapter:
- CNET's 'Toshiba Chromebook 2 CB30-B3122 - 13.3" - Celeron N2840 - 4 GB RAM - 16 GB SSD' https://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-chromebook-2-cb30-b3122-13-3-celeron-n2840-chrome-os-4-gb-ram-16-gb-ssd/
- Notebook Ocean's 'Toshiba CB30-B3122 Chromebook 2' https://www.notebookocean.com/toshiba-cb30-b3122-chromebook-2-specs/
- Newegg.com's 'Toshiba Chromebook CB30-B3122 13.3" LED Notebook - Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz' https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216914
- Amazon.com's 'Toshiba Chromebook CB30-B3122 13.3" LED Notebook - Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz PLM02U-00J008' https://uedata.amazon.com/Toshiba-Chromebook-CB30-B3122-13-3-Notebook/dp/B00OLUUQKE
- Amazon.com's 'Toshiba 45W AC Adapters For:Toshiba Chromebook 2 .....CB30-B3122,....' https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-45W-Adapters-PA5192U-1ACA-PA5192E-1AC3/dp/B0758X8N4D
Don't know how or even IF someone could install a Linux distro on this (e.g., by Developer mode?)
Tom L? Others?
Will be trying to get to 85C Bakery later this morning closer to the 12Noon start time of today's BerkeleyLUG meetup and bring this along, just in case anyone is interested in this. If no takers, then may eventually just eWaste it.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.