Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2019-06-23 at Cafe Blue Door

Yes, Pi July is on the 7th.

Also note, this weekend is ham radio Field Day. All across the US and Canada hams set up mobile stations for a disaster preparation exercise.
The Saturday before the last BerkeleyLUG I went to the electronics flea market which is put on by the ham radio groups. There I talked to some of the Palo Alto group. PAARA. They are setting up in a park on the peninsula. Check paara.org Field day for details.

I am especially interested in satellite communications. It is supposed to be very easy to download the pictures from NOAA satellites. All with very cheap devices (RTL-SDR).

Anyways at that flea market I picked up some Thinkpads it off a junk pile. They all work amazingly.  One a cracked screen another a bad keyboard.
So my project this meeting will be install Linux on the Thinkpad w520 and on an Asus transformer Bay trail tablet.

Thomas