Re: Multiple of us already here: have space/seating, AC Power Wi-Fi & Internet*: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2019-07-14 at Cafe Blue Door

Very nice meeting today.

After today's meeting I went to a party, and talked to a friend about Pi's and Linux.

He has one Pi controlling a solar heat for his hot tub.  It uses tubes on the garage roof
which heats water pumped through.  The Pi controls the pump based on temp differences.

Another Pi controls the attic fan and also runs a media server and DNS server.  For DNS it acts like a Pihole
and also restrict access (like turn off Netflix to the teenagers in the house)

At work he made a gadget from two Raspberry Pi zeros.  The Pi zero can act like a usb device (gadget mode)
One Pi is a USB to Ethernet and the other is a USB hid (keyboard and mouse)  The two are inter-connected
via serial.  So he is able to send key presses and mouse movement over the network.

-- I think this dual zero Pi would be a cool project.  I have a couple zero's if anyone wants to try next pi day.

Thomas