Next meeting this Sunday 02.09.20

I haven't seen anyone announce it yet, but it is the second Sunday.

Been playing around with a new box.  (maybe I'll bring it along.)  Samsung series 3 Chromebox.
I flashed an UEFI firmware and installed Ubuntu 20.04 and it looks good.
At the last BALUG I talked about building my own router with a chromebox.  One problem is only one NIC.  I thought that maybe the wireless card could be replaced with a NIC.
But I got this Samsung for free on Craigslist and I find it has an extra slot near the msata ssd.
Hmm wonder if that slot is pcie?
You can see it here in action:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/iKRcPHNexhVGDLU68
The board is propped out because the mini pci-e is on the other side (connected to the black and grey cable - it is dual Intel NIC card)  The wifi card is disconnected - you can see it still attached to the antenna wires below the case.
Other thing to note are the upgradable ram and socketed CPU(!)

BTW the screen is hiDPI and works out of the box in UBUNTU 20.04 (not in ChromeOS though)

Thomas