Berkeley Pi: Meeting tomorrow.

Next meeting tomorrow Sunday March 1st from 11 am to 2 pm.

Celebrating the 8th anniversary of the Raspberry Pi computer!
This one may be a busy meeting.  Ten tickets from the eventbrite link and
an rsvp from the Meetup group.  My friend Phil will be by and can talk about
some Pi projects he has running at the house.
I have some stickers and a couple Tshirts to give away.

I'll be there early to grab the table (9am woo)  So you can stop by earlier
if you want to avoid the crush (or if you just hate people :-)

And in Pi news:  The price of the Pi 4 2GB model is dropped to $35 (4GB
model still at $55, sigh.)
Also reports of a new revision of the Pi 4 with fixed USB C power.
(Older news:  new firmware makes the Pi 4 run cooler and boot over ethernet.)
I don't know if the official firmware has USB boot, but I have seen reports of modded firmware with Uefi support so you can boot the usual way.  And you can boot mainline kernel now.  Try out the Ubuntu 20.04 server for arm downloads.
But the graphics are still in progress but may be in the next Linux kernel.

Hope to see you there.

Thomas