Re: Here & have space, power, Internet*, ...: Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2020-03-08 at Cafe Blue Door

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 11:02 AM Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
And yes, have space, AC power, Wi-Fi, Internet*.
*have IPv4, but not IPv6 - from the venue's complimentary Wi-Fi,
there may be other Wi-Fi in range (marginally) that also has
IPv6: CalVisitor

Bit of a slight connection conniption with the Cafe's ISP (Comcast/XFinity) though, as Michael P explained to those of us currently here at the Cafe.
-A

> From: goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>
> Subject: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2020-03-08 at Cafe Blue Door
> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 06:23:24 -0800 (PST)

> Hey everyone,
>
> Timely reminder here that the first BerkeleyLUG
> meetup of the month and very last one of
> Winter Season 2019-2020 is this upcoming
> Sunday, March 8th, "officially" happening from
> 11am to 2pm Pacific **Daylight Saving** Time
> at Berkeley's Cafe Blue Door.
> **Yep, we move our clocks and watches one
> hour **forward** on Sunday, March 8, 2020, at
> or (ideally) much much earlier than 2:00:00am!
>
> The time and dates of meetups are also viewable
> at www.berkeleylug.com/meetings
> Unofficially, some of the BerkeleyLUG participants
> have regularly hung-around at past meetups, working on
> various projects and/or engaging in discussion/training
> even well past the "official" ending-time.
>
> Cafe Blue Door is located at 2244 Bancroft Way;
> across the street from Cal's Edwards Stadium near
> the extreme Southwestern corner of the campus.
> Also see its Yelp page at https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-blue-door-berkeley
> and its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyFloorCafe/
> When you enter the front door of the cafe, look
> around for a gathering of other recognizable Linux
> aficionados sitting around the large table with laptops
> and other small computing devices as well as for the
> small sign indicating the presence of the group.
>
> Those of you dropping by this Sunday for the meetup are
> welcome to bring along extra surge-protected power
> strips and long, grounded extension cords for powering
> the various computing devices you're bringing along with
> you, duly taking into account the cafe's power-outlet
> and space constraints surrounding the large table.
> As before, we would kindly request that all meetup
> attendees please accommodate everyone else present
> at the table even including non-BerkeleyLUG patrons
> at the Cafe.
>

> Thanks, Cheers and See ya' there!
> -A

---
When you must stand up for something important in the face of those who would readily cut you down, then you must continually remind yourself of the words of the great Mahatma Gandhi,

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
---