Re: Update to the Bay Area-wide Order to Shelter At Home, possibly affects live BerkeleyLUG meetups for May

Well then you can attend the virtual Berkeley Pi/Linux meeting.

Sunday May 3 noon to whenever.  Probably at https://meet.jit.si/berkeleypi
but if someone jacks the room before I get there then I will have to use a
different room.

It is not necessary to have a camera or microphone.  Actually you don't even
need a computer.  (You can access via a phone call)  But using a computer
you just navigate to the site in a browser.  Then the browser will prompt for
permission to access camera and microphone.  I tested in google-chrome
and firefox.

My possible projects:

Flash bios chip externally via a Raspberry Pi.  (I bought a broken laptop that supposedly
just stopped working for no reason.  But turns out the bios chip is missing.  Someone
actually desoldered it!!???)

Build my own router project.  Use a Samsung Chromebook that has been flashed with
UEFI firmware.  Hardware modification to add extra ethernet ports then install minimal
Debian and configure as a router.

Figure out how to use the efibootmgr command to manually create boot entry.  Specifically
I want to boot an efistub kernel directly from the UEFI firmware without grub or any other
boot loader,

Make a Raspberry Pi into a home automation server with integration to Google Home and/or
Alexa.

Thomas