Re: Open source stay at home

Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes@gmail.com):

> Just saw this
> https://opensource.com/article/20/5/free-software-communication
>
> List of open source remote communication.

Coolness.  I've seen that before at FSF's blog, and it's a good article.

> As you know I'm going to try a Jitsi meeting tomorrow. I'm going to use the
> meet.jit.si server but it is possible too run your own Jitsi meet server.

Plan on many participants having to spend a lot of their initial session
debugging their local microphone & camera setups.  (This is true with
any videoconferencing, not something specific to Jitsi Meet.)

> Right now it seems that Zoom is the most popular one.

Reasonably so -- but it should be borne in mind that they have a
business angle:  Free-of-charge public sessions are generously offered,
but with a 40 minute duration limit per videoconference session.