Re: Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Next meeting this Sunday 19.07.2020

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 9:44:15 PM UTC-7, trl wrote:
meet.jit.si/berkeleypi
Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 2295 7834 33#
Sunday July 19 2020 from 11 am to ?
So Notice the new tag "Pi.BerkeleyLUG:"  If you want to keep these
messages from assailing your inbox, create a new filter.

I always like to have a project in mind before a meeting.  This time
I'm thinking maybe a small Linux raid file server.

Hey all,

Cannot at all attend today's Pi.BerkeleyLUG meeting on Jit.si , because am attending a virtual memorial service from 11am-1pm for the sudden death of a local college-age student - a would-be Sophomore at UC Davis :-( - whose family I've known well for over a dozen years (no to the obvious question; not sure if his death was COVID19-related or not!)

Later on this afternoon, well after the virtual memorial service, am planning to work on a non-Pi-related Linux "server" of my own; the 'Giveaway offer of older midtower PC and monitor' posted ~3wks ago currently listed within Michael P's https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc
I ended up wiping out antiX on this Dell PowerEdge SC430 "from circa 2005-2006 with 1.0 GB of RAM", reformatted its hard drive, and installed Debian stable 'buster' to be an SSH and webserver, with an extremely minimal LXQt desktop environment and very very few productivity apps.
Additionally, I successfully installed on this machine a 10/100 Fast Internet NIC on one of its available internal PCI slots.
One task for today is to figure out how I may enable the machine's installed SSH server to _just_ respond using the slower PCI Fast Internet NIC (inward-bound SSH'd via another laptop or desktop) and enable the Apache webserver to send out outbound packets using _solely_ the faster 1 Gigabit/sec internal network port.
Suggestions welcome :-)

-Aaron