Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Next meeting this Sunday 08.16.20

https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

Sunday Aug 16 2020 from 11am to ?

Note the URL.  Regular BerkeleyLUG meetings use the room BerkeleyLUG and the Pi meetings are at Pi.BerkeleyLUG.
Rooms on meet.jit.si are not case sensitive so

meet.jit.si/pi.berkeleylug is the same (the . between pi and berkeley needs to be there)

So I got an email recently about the ESP32-cam.  So this Sunday I'll start with that.
The ESP32 is a wifi/bluetooth chip which is powerful enough to be a microcontroller
and so you can program it with the Arduino IDE.
The ESP32-cam is one of these boards with extra ram and camera port.  Board is tiny
1in by 1.5in.
I just got a 5 pack of them and we'll see if I can get one going .

Also I got some STM32 microcontrollers.  These are actually ARM but can run Arduino.
The reason I'm interested is they have a lot of inputs.  I want to have one run a keyboard.
A keyboard matrix is like 8x16 so that means 24 input/output pins.
So If I have some time I'll start on that.

Thomas