Hello!

Berkeley LUG -

GREETINGS!

I'm a new member. Signed up uhhh uhhh recently.

Let me count the Reason's for accepting my petition:

1. you need diversity & I'm from .... socal. ;o)
2. you secretly desire to repeat the same help over and over
3. I can't seem to ditch Windwoes, but ...
4. I've dual booted before UEFI. Win10 wiped out my boot record
5. I've made bootable USB keydrives w/ Linux, but again before UEFI ( I wouldn't follow the "normal" way and instead installed it natively to the usb keydrive. ) But w/ UEFI, it wouldn't let me install the boot loader to the USB keydrive -- had to go to the internal hdd. pfffft.
6. I've got Linux Mint 19 running in a VM using VirtualBox &
7. This past June/July came to realization that a stand-alone PC running Linux would free up RAM on both the host and the guest by making them both their own machines. (sometimes the obvious escapes me)
8. Bought cheapest AMD based desktop I could and loaded Ubuntu Server 20.04, but then Kubuntu Desktop cuz well, it feels easier. -- Hope to use this "server" as more centralized storage/backup of family pix & vids. ( most Q's will be about this. )
9. int ethernet card power cycles or something. USB to Ethernet works better. Bought another int ethernet card. Hope to install it soon.
10. because there are 10 types of people in the world, those that know binary and those that don't?

peace & 42