Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Pi time again this Sunday 10.18.20

Even though we can get haircuts now Linux meetings are still virtual.
I saw a news item recently of a Covid outbreak in a gym.
https://www.today.com/health/gyms-covid-19-outbreak-spin-studio-canada-t194775
Seems distancing and cleaning were not enough.
Heavy breathing in a closed space is high risk.
I have been patronising an illegal Cafe in Berkeley, and it didn't seem that risky.
Only like 5 people there and the same 5 at that.  But last weekend quite a bit more.
People quietly studying means low velocity breathes but it is still a closed space.

I can't imagine taking an airplane in these times.  Coworkers have done it .  For me
even with barely any passengers, just the closed space seems too much.

So we will just keep at it.

Personal projects for the meeting:

Raspberry Pi 4 8GB edition.  I have a thought to run a Pcie extender off the
USB 3 port.  This is a hardware hack that involves replacing the USB 3 controller
chip.  I have a hot air smd rework station.  I don't have a lot of experience but I think
it is doable.

Lark Box: https://www.amazon.com/CHUWI-LarkBox-Computer-Processor-Streaming/dp/B08FJ8W2DY  I bought it off the Kickstarter (for a bunch less than the
Amazon price)  Just came this week.  Not fired up yet.  So maybe I can try this Sunday.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/v94DeXpkeH28Lt7x6  Only slightly bigger than its power brick.
Fits in the palm of your hand (Yeah part of my thumb is missing.  It's been almost 20 years
and doesn't hurt anymore)

Esp32-Cam:  Last time I noticed that the ESP32 has face detection.  So now I'm thinking
of using the gpio to control a servo.  Like have the camera follow a face or even better
aim a nerf dart.

Meeting Details:

11 am to ?

tom is inviting you to a meeting.

Join the meeting:
https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

To join by phone instead, tap this: +1.512.647.1431,,3314091209#

Looking for a different dial-in number?
See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=Pi.BerkeleyLUG

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG#config.startSilent=true