Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Virtual meeting tomorrow, Sunday 11.15.20

Sorry about the late notice.

So same thing as last time:

Meeting Details:

11 am to ?

tom is inviting you to a meeting.

Join the meeting:
https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

To join by phone instead, tap this: +1.512.647.1431,,3314091209#

Looking for a different dial-in number?
See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=Pi.BerkeleyLUG

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG#config.startSilent=true

Pi news:

The Pi foundation has released the Pi 400 which is a pi 4 built into the official pi keyboard.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home
I have looked at a teardown video and it is not an actual Pi 4 but a different board.  My
first thought was it would be the compute module.

The Pi foundation has released the Pi 4 compute module
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/compute-module-4/?variant=raspberry-pi-cm4001000&resellerType=home
Compute modules are Pi versions in a form that can be added to a custom design.  You
could create a carrier board with a different port layout, for example.  This way the Pi
can be customized for your project.  The new compute module does away with the edge connector.  Also USB 3 is removed in favor of exposing PCIe.  In fact the official carrier board has a 1x pcie slot.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/compute-module-4-io-board/?resellerType=home

Also both the PI 400 and PI 4 compute module feature a new stepping of the Broadcom cpu
which is faster and cooler.  I have seen reports of the Pi 400 overclocking to 2.2 Ghz on stock
cooling.
https://www.jeffgeerling.com/blog/2020/raspberry-pi-400-can-be-overclocked-22-ghz

I will be there tomorrow as long as I can but with Covid in these times I have been very busy
with work.

I went by the Blue Door Cafe a week or two ago and it seems to be permanently closed.  From the window you can see they are packing up.  I'll try to go by this weekend and get some pics.

Thomas