Re: Digest for berkeleylug@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Coast Guard Auxiliary the radio is for marine communications and is no good for general use or for hams.
Bob Smith
On 12/14/2020 3:11 AM berkeleylug@googlegroups.com wrote:

berkeleylug@googlegroups.com Google Groups
Topic digest
View all topics
[OT] offered: ICOM IC-M7 Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver
goossbears <acohen36@gmail.com>: Dec 13 10:50AM -0800

On Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 3:55:30 PM UTC-8

> [OT] offered: ICOM IC-M7 Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver

Details, photos, etc., have a look on:

> https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc

Here is another idea for donating the Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver to
someone
who might readily be able to use this and pick it up ASAP .....
Sudo Room is (or was before the Pandemic closure) located in Oakland's Omni
Building
4799 Shattuck, Oakland CA 94609
A few of Sudo Room's current/former more-local-to-Berkeley participants
might be keenly
interested in the ICOM IC-M7 if you don't already have an interested
recipient.

Would you like me to post your offer on the Sudo-Room mailing-list?

Among other variations, here's how I might advertise your offer as a more
definite
Craigslist-style ad....
Title: 'Offered: Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver' (berkeley)
Make: ICOM
Model: IC-M7
Condition: good? salvage?
--
Item Description:
An as-is ICOM IC-M7 Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver unit

If you want it and can pick it up in Berkeley (or get it by some
means/location reasonably convenient for me), email me.
First to email me on it gets first dibs, also contingent upon ...
Need to pick up in some reasonably timely manner (I don't
want to be hanging onto it forever).

IC-M7 Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver online description is at
http://www.icomcanada.com/archive/marine/ic-m7.htm

IC-M7 Instruction Manual Download is at
https://www.icomjapan.com/support/manual/3038/

I'm hoping to get it out of my hands in <~=31 days, certainly under 2
months if at all possible (for me, it's just takin' up space).

((Anonymized Craigslist email address or else donor's actual email address,
as preferred))
--

Initially-displayed wrapped pics
a)

b)
https://www.balug.org/~mpaoli/tmp/ICOM_IC-M7/oriented/20201202_124006.jpg_r.jpg

c)
https://www.balug.org/~mpaoli/tmp/ICOM_IC-M7/oriented/20201202_124031.jpg_r.jpg

-Aaron
"Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>: Dec 13 11:23AM -0800

Sudo Room - good idea too.
Did also already get two interested folks, so hopefully will find a
new home for it sufficiently easily and soon(ish) enough.

But yeah, for, e.g. hardware donations, Sudo Room and Noisebridge, also
potentially good options ... though things may be a bit different for
a while yet with the COVID-19 situation.

Back to top