Re: BerkeleyLUG's Virtual Meetup this Sunday 2021-01-24

Yes, see you guys Sunday.

I have another give away:  A Lenovo desktop.  Belonged to an old
friend of mine who passed away last year.  Nonsmoker no pets, so
no ick in this at all.  I will erase the drives before handing it over.
Core I5, 1TB hard drive, ram ? (I don't remember but I'd guess 4GB)
I upgraded with 128GB SSD.  And wired keyboard and mouse if you
want (and 19" wide LCD VGA input)

Some news in Linux-land:

Linux ported to the new Apple silicon (Apples Arm M1 chip)
https://corellium.com/blog/linux-m1
I said somewhere "good luck getting Linux on that"  Ok I was way wrong!

From the Pi foundation: New $4 microcontroller called the Pico Pi

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-pico/

It features a Pi Foundation designed Arm chip (the RP2040)
which is also for sale.  Arduino, Adafruit and Sparkfun have
already announced boards using it.

Look for more about this in Pi.Berkeley email

Thomas