Upshot of Sunday 2021-05-09 BerkeleyLUG meetup

Quoting <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> from previous posting 'BerkeleyLUG's Virtual Meetup this Sunday 2021-05-09' :
And, thought I'd offer up these wee tidbits from the meetings.
"Of course" lots more was shown, discussed, etc. But, did snag these
bits from the "Chat" (easy copy/paste):
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2021q1/015163.html
https://wiki.debian.org/Debian_Systems_Administration_for_non-Debian_SysAdmins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRN7XLCRhc&t=33m
https://www.openindiana.org/

IIRC, other items that were discussed -- especially starting ~1:30pm ...
- possible timeline(s) for the return to live, in-person meetups both for BerkeleyLUG and Michael's BALUG
- as the UC system at large has more stringent COVID-19 restrictions than the State of California's own Re-opening Tier System, the possibility that Cal's more gradual easing of such restrictions might result in a greater influx of returning students+faculty in the late Summer / early Fall -- thus possibly resulting in university-oriented businesses and higher-capacity BerkeleyLUG meetup venues [re]opening by or around that time
- possibility of my offering an extra HP tower desktop on Michael's aforementioned BALUG Offered/Wanted: Hardware, etc. wiki page
(hopefully intended for Alan T or someone else who could really use this :-} -- have to test out HW/OS components 1st,2nd,3rd... )
- brief discussion of the Precision T5400 I'm still eager to give away, followed by a bit more extensive discussion of the HW/RAM resources that various services and virtual machines are utilizing on Michael's/BALUG's solid metal machines
- enlightening discussion (to me at least) of the dash shell vs bash, Gregory Kurtzer's active CentOS replacement Rocky Linux (https://wiki.rockylinux.org/ ) , RH-based Oracle Linux, Oracle's various "issues" (see above YouTube reference) including MySQL vs MariaDB, plus the Community-driven illumos Distribution OpenIndiana as referred to above
-
(others welcome to add on further for what I probably might have missed)
-
-
-

-A