Re: Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Next meeting this Sunday 2021-05-16. Hybrid meeting!!!

Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes@gmail.com):

> Going to try Virtual + in person.
> From what I hear Rick's Cabal went pretty good, So I am going to try.

In case it will help, here's what we did:

The in-person part of CABAL, as in Before Times, was 98% in my back
patio, mostly gathered around one table.  So, I placed my laptop on a
different, nearby table -- so that people in the backyard could saunter
over and interact with the Jitsi Meet room if they wished, but the
online conference would not be overwhelmed with hubbub from the
backyard.  The laptop was running the Electron-based Jitsi Meet client
program (but Chromium or some other Web browser would have also been
fine).  Attached to the laptop were:

o  Pair of Yamaha YST-M7 external computer speakers.
   These are probably well over 20 years old, but really good.
o  Cmteck CM-G006 USB condensor microphone.
   CABAL co-founder Duncan MacKinnon had this sent, having picked
   it out for its excellent noise-cancellation

The microphone did a stellar job.  The pair of Yamaha speakers _would_
have done a stellar job, but I discovered that the 3.5mm mini-jack
audio patch cable connecting the speakers to the laptop has developed
a wiring fault.  (But hey, it's given over 20 years of excellent
service, so I'm giving it a Viking funeral and getting a new cable.)

> I would expect that in person attendees be vacinated.

What I said to prospective CABAL attendees (in the meeting
announcement):

---<begin>---

WHO MAY ATTEND?  You must:

o  Be COVID-19 vaccinated, plus enough time for ramped-up immunity.
o  Feel it's safe to be here in company.
o  Agree this is at your own risk.

Bring your CDC card:  Assume I may check.

I did _not_ check, but the point was to set expectations that I might,
so as to put any "rules apply to everyone but me" people on notice.

--
Cheers,            There are really only two hard problems in computer science:
Rick Moen                      o  Cache invalidation policy.