Pi BerkeleyLUG: Meeting tomorrow Sunday Sept 19, 2021

Sorry for the late reminder.  Meeting happens every 3rd Sunday.

Meeting details:  11am till about 2pm Sunday Sept. 19 2021.

In person at Caffe Strada on the corner of College and Bancroft ave in Berkeley.

On-line at meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG or join by phone 1.512.647.1431 code:3314091209#

So no theme for this meeting but for me two possibilities:

1. Pi servers:  I got a couple of Raspberry Pi based micro servers.  They are based on the
     Raspberry Pi 4 compute module (CM4)  The carrier board has on the outside: dual ethernet
     and 2 USB 2.0 and a sim slot. Internally a minipcie (connected to the sim slot) and an m.2 for
     SSD.
     My thought is to make one into a router.  But I'm not sure which interfaces I would want.

    Question: Is there a Network manager in Linux that could Switch the router details on the fly?
        Like connect to wan on wifi and route to ethernet or vice versa Or wan on USB tether to a
         phone?

2. Piphone:  I got this a while ago but barely played with it.  My cell provider was MetroPCS and
     they don't allow sim swap (authentication uses the phone serial in addition to the sim)  But
     now I have switched to TMobile and the sim works in the Pinephone.
     My Pinephone came preinstalled with PostmarketOS  .And I don't really like it.  (Maybe fixed
     in the new installer)
     I could try booting other OS and see how they work.  There is a multi-boot image that collects
     most of the open source phone OS.  So I think I'll try that.

Bringing:

CyclopsCam (conference camera incase enough show up at Caffe Strada)
Headset (if I'm alone)
Hdmi cables (full size for Pi1-3, mini for Zero, micro for Pi 4)
Hdmi to USB capture dongle (to view Pi output on computer or stream on Jitsi)
Pi servers (1GB ram and 4GB ram)
Keyboard with touchpad
Usb C and micro USB cables ( I should be able to power the Pi 4 from my laptop)
Power supplies (USB and USB C)
Pinephone
Sd cards

Have I forgotten something?  Let me know!

See you tomorrow, Thomas