From: schubert bach <schubertbach2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: Pi.BerkeleyLug: First meeting of 2022 this Sunday the 16th
To: tom r lopes <tomrlopes@gmail.com>

hey you guys have a pc parts not using anymore u  want to share   memories  ddr3  videos cards cpu etetc mother board????
Juan
----End------

Anyways to reply to Juan:

I plan to upgrade some time soon as my machine is old now and I want to try to play some VR games.   I have ordered some VR
hardware so maybe I should get with it and start building a new system.

This is what I got now:

tom@tom-desktop:~$ inxi -b
System:
Host: tom-desktop Kernel: 5.4.0-94-generic x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Gnome 3.36.9 Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)
Machine:
Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: N/A v: N/A
serial: <superuser/root required>
Mobo: Gigabyte model: H77M-D3H v: x.x serial: <superuser/root required>
UEFI: American Megatrends v: F11 date: 07/31/2013
CPU:
Quad Core: Intel Xeon E31245 type: MT MCP speed: 1597 MHz
min/max: 1600/3700 MHz
Graphics:
Device-1: NVIDIA GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] driver: nvidia v: 470.86
Display: x11 server: X. Org 1.20.13 driver: modesetting,nouveau,nvidia
unloaded: fbdev,vesa tty: N/A
OpenGL: renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 470.86
Network:
Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet driver: alx
The CPU is the 1st gen E3-1245 probably like a 2nd or third gen I7.
The video card is pretty old. But I do little with it and run Linux anyways.
It can only do 4k at 30hz. I have a gtx 970 -- was told it works but haven't tried it.
Bought a RTX 3060 a while ago but I think it overheats. Was thinking to RMA it but maybe I can check again if it is good.

Thomas