Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2023-02-12

Running late today. May not be able to get a good spot.

Thomas

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023, 9:40 PM Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:
Quoting goossbears (acohen36@gmail.com):

> Please note that this upcoming Sunday is also Super Bowl Sunday (see
> e.g.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/super-bowl/ ), featuring the Kansas
> City Chiefs versus the Philadelphia Eagles.

I believe the preferred spelling is SuperbOwl Sunday, the day once a
year when -- because of some obscure sports contest -- the roads and
woods are unusually free of crowding, permitting walks and sighting of
owls.

Photos of particularly superb owls should ideally be posted to
https://www.reddit.com/r/Superbowl/ .

I personally intend to be in the Santa Cruz Mountains starting about
3pm, on a trail, keeping an eye out for owls.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                                          ROMANI, ITE DOMVM!