Pi.BerkeleyLUG: This Sunday Raspberry Pi meeting at SudoRoom

This Sunday 21 May 2023 from 11am to about 2pm at SudoRoom in Oakland.

SudoRoom is on Shattuck Ave between 51st and Telegraph
4799 Shattuck Ave., Oakland, CA 94609
The entrance is on the corner of Shattuck and 48th

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wtxH4mtxL2HUe3y5JXJlhe7iqSDnikT8/view?usp=share_link

The project this time is converting chromebooks to Linux.
Peter Mui of Fixit Clinic was given a stack of EOL chromebooks from the
Fremont school district.  Unfortunately they neglected to unlock them first.
But I have found that the bios can be reflashed so you can boot a Linux
installer bypassing the Google check.
I had a thought of using a Pi to do the flash as PI gpio can do SPI.  But most of the
chromebooks have 1.8V bios chips while the PI has 3.3V gpio.
I probably have level shifters but I have recently dumped stuff unorganized into
storage.  So I will likely not find them in time.
For now I am using a USB programmer with an 1.8V adapter.

Yes I will also try to be online at
meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG  This will be a conference room mic and speaker in a
shared space so maybe some background noise.

Thomas

P.S.   You may be interested: SudoRoom has a hardware hack night every Tuesday from 7pm
Also It's a Fixit Clinic.