edw on 16 Jul 2007 13:16:13 -0000

[philly-lambda] Re: Actually read SICP?

I think that the first edition is in some ways superior to the second.
For example, the pattern matching example in the first edition (and
video) is mind blowing, while the approach used to solve the symbolic
differentiation problem in the second edition didn't lead to a
religious experience. They're pricey, but I recommend getting both
editions.

Ed