edw on 19 Aug 2007 14:26:30 -0000

[philly-lambda] Re: CPSCM Scheme compiler

On Aug 18, 8:30 am, "Toby DiPasquale" <codeslin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I just saw this and figured you all might be interested:
>
> http://www.omnigia.com/scheme/cpscm/home/
>
> Since it has a JavaScript backend, it might be a cool way to get
> non-FP programmers started with Scheme (the JS code can be run in the
> browser with a stub HTML file). Enjoy :)

Yes, because available of free Schemes is the big reason the language
doesn't take off. :P

What I'd like to see is a way to call stuff in the underlying
language. If I could make jQuery calls from within Scheme that is
compiled to Javascript, CPSCM could be a powerful ally in my efforts
to never touch a C-styled language again.