Ed Watkeys on 29 Aug 2007 18:54:53 -0000

[philly-lambda] Re: Pattern or Antipattern?

Kyle,

Instead of writing a LOGGING-AND macro, you could:

1) Use the trace facilities of your debugger. In Scheme48: ",trace
knows-dance".
2) Redefine KNOWS-DANCE. (define (knows-dance) (display ...) ...)
3) Something else.

FWIW, I spent more time writing Perl than any human should be forced
to, and I only dimly understand what is going on in your aprog1
subroutine.

Regarding the Java code, I would have done something like:

Log.ifNot(person->knowsDance("tango"), "failed tango test");

No need for the IF statements.

Ed