Toby DiPasquale on 22 Nov 2007 16:03:33 -0000

[philly-lambda] Re: Factor

On Nov 21, 12:54 pm, "Evan Weaver" <e...@cloudbur.st> wrote:
> Yeah I just hear Zed mention something and then pretend like I found
> it on my own.
>
> Not really. But sometimes.

ROFLOL :)

The Factor VM is stack-based and thus might be appropriate for a more
real world example of a small, tight VM is people are interesting in
virtual machine technology. Apparently, the core VM is only 6,000
lines of C so it shouldn't be too bad.

As far as the language goes, I'm kind of warming up to it, but I can't
see mass adoption. People are telling me that the Erlang syntax is
ugly so Factor's might just blow them out.

--
Toby DiPasquale