Peter Christensen on 3 May 2008 05:39:39 -0700

Re: Interest for a Lisp Workshop?

  • From: Peter Christensen <peter.t.christensen@gmail.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: Interest for a Lisp Workshop?
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 05:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to:mime-version:message-id:date:received:in-reply-to:x-ip:references:user-agent:x-http-useragent:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe; bh=XMLl5BFSdCn2uogAahmp3gTc7SBCgBt0FwkioZnIIv8=; b=dlZ1gLkbXjovqDhXLjNTUiRBzQKmd6bbwmalVwlsmESSCc1bYhOY2VHGkjNaxB2bWRUuW8tu0NaqdXm68b6xPrnkZBl2PVKIjtJKw2VsNI49ZlxmjIw3sbPMh8ayYY6Yi6bSKaa6QesrL0eDr+9a99E4rMkRu28fOoL9ZszXfvk=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda-owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

I'd send out feelers to other programming groups in the area.  We've
got strong groups in Linux, Python, and Ruby here in Chicago and there
were 30 or so people at a similar event last year (before the Chicago
Lisp group was really organized).  Put those two together and we're
looking at a pretty big turnout this time.

Hopefully we'll produce some good documentation for the installation
part.  We'll have people roaming the floor while people are trying to
setup their environments but we're planning on writing some guides
beforehand to try and speed up the process.  I'm also going to
videotape and screen capture the presentations.

Keep an eye on my blog - it's the voice of our user group for now, and
let me know if you have any questions about putting on a similar
event.

-Peter