Jerry Lin on 13 Nov 2008 06:22:55 -0800

Re: Talk at UPenn Tomorrow November 13th

  • From: "Jerry Lin" <pingnet888@gmail.com>
  • To: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Talk at UPenn Tomorrow November 13th
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:22:29 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :received:received:received-spf:authentication-results:received :dkim-signature:domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id :date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :references:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list :list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe:x-beenthere-env :x-beenthere; bh=pWjw/TkLW7cGqUV6oBKm69k5eGacaT+wra277tcKBEM=; b=JfbnVlcHIump2t9yZ4hMnlzCOvH2c0tw5OVRkVbW0PJLIg7F24aIL9GvAEQ+klr94v fiqSvMI+cRuCUqk2xR+WL3X1Eocf39070rRn0+hTMq/Gr3cqTZ/uohxhiLnelVnj04Ji p6szhjiBgECxtW/Yor/NE76iR2ipgfRkKY75w=
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=kIigHEclf5V0XKcv+jBBQ4N6RoYKAru1Ta8hsox5yOo=; b=gItLgMcfTGY4LYc2TUGWNleaAmxMFAj3uoAVsE0og28YxmCPN41kGMQtob4nrxqqbF VzIpLUESef+a8jAt3GahoX5NlrVQwLElKtd6+xedOT8WkjPedeLc3l2nt+7fS/mSYM4k 5wLxBOiklvn+Wa3gcP0RNEgpGDOa0tyJregZ0=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

This topic sounds great. In reality, we are bio-machines with our own processors that can process data, such as sound and video, parallelly. Companies are even bigger machines with many individuals working parallelly to achieve common goals. If we can overcome all the issues introduced by parallelism, machines can work more similarly to us, the human beings. However, we should give machines their own mind first; otherwise, they cannot deal with changes that overwhelm us in our daily lives. We, coders, cannot always try to overcome every trivial problem on behalf of machines; that seems endless to. You see, every once and while we have to come up with new communication tools (languages in other words) and attempt to use them more efficiently to overcome similar things.

Unfortunately, this lecture will be given at 3 to 4 pm when we have something else to do at work. Look forward to similar topics at available time.

Jerry (Li-Ping) Lin