Angel on 15 Apr 2009 19:46:01 -0700

Work on something that matters

  • From: Angel <delagoya@gmail.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Work on something that matters
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:16:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :mime-version:content-type:received:date:x-ip:user-agent :x-http-useragent:message-id:subject:from:to:x-google-approved :reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe:x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=iqM9R/bOQdBGsNYwkFFTrXmuDXyStfHJq0f5r7i+gqQ=; b=GHVqeILgansE8oJDYPtmYEb7vdjHulNuEG0BsXqzaU5ibDH8gwXi5l1Ocjdzfsb0Rc lav2Lusa5OI/k5HSnv9vjqH2Kl9s27bTIRnxwkIvwzD6iE2JAM6SkBDW40xHDhHxobA7 ofDUT09YOIAlnjf2RQX0hAXFzxbW3Se1nToao=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

Hello Philly Lambda group!

OK, so I have not attended any meeting, and lurk the list, but that's
mainly b/c I have not had a project that could benefit from some of
the languages that are discussed on the list. Until now that is!

I am putting together grant proposals to get some of this stimulus
cash to hire folks to work on "problems that matter (tm)" using some
of the more in-vogue technologies (AWS, GP-GPU, etc)

Specifically we will tackle how to analyze various big data
experiments (high-throughput sequencing, high content imaging and
proteomics) using parallel and distributed compute models, releasing
it as open source along the way. Briefly, the end-goal is empowering
biomedical researchers and clinicians with the tools they need to
utilize new technologies and ushering in the new age of personalized
medicine. All rewarding work, and l probably matters a little more
that your next apartment hunters social network.

What's the catch? The pay won't be as good as industry, but it's not
bad and you do get excellent benefits and a flexible work environment.

So while this is not a job post, it does present an opportunity for
you to get first in line for consideration once the money comes in.

Email me (angel _at_ upenn.edu ) if you are interested.

-angel