Kyle R. Burton on 9 Aug 2009 12:36:43 -0700

Re: (+ Emacs Clojure SLIME) workshop

  • From: "Kyle R. Burton" <kyle.burton@gmail.com>
  • To: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Re: (+ Emacs Clojure SLIME) workshop
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:36:29 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :received:received:received-spf:authentication-results:received :dkim-signature:domainkey-signature:mime-version:received :in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop :mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe :x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=xM4XMp86xvUItUPh5R7qt77yyprsmSp2TGRarAyHOk4=; b=n5iaa/lXGw5zOH4/lAV2SQ2MqPcH4XN15dC5v9fNiTskU6JCImNTxkGjw04fXC7ake 6zfPrKA4mk9uFLC8/OdCMUEz4jxGM3xIQdMgdFOmbO1JOcIfYlaSjvkXrOw5Wa39MVjO 2UOvNmpiX1PoDR4XmsOXYTyHmHqgWnZC5cQ6w=
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=lpH9/w40rUxSp+N1GaD1p84YJx8/8NSd0LtD1X+3VAM=; b=Qnib0NKgWnRnAKEa/gIb6M8DvZcodWdYnc1Q0bR16tHODI5XkbNPynU+2vGFkmfxMZ vlZz17sP5VemjYNPA3ekRV+elYpGaZ3Iheixsyf5XSUn1w7alFUGzlFdMZfGUebX9yfs 6l1jptFpR8Fzy7xaAKcErX5l8Yb8khj/iAVC8=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

The only expectation I have is that if you want to participate in the
workshop portion, that you bring a laptop.  Otherwise no expectation -
people should be able to get some info and learn about the editor
regardless.  I hope that during the workshop people will download and
install emacs and some libraries (like slime and clojure) and that
we'll be able to get people up and running and show them how to get
around.

I've used vi for ~15 years as well - and I find that I actually use
both editors, though Emacs has been my primary for the last 6 years or
so.

I hope you decide to come.

Kyle