pezman on 12 Aug 2009 09:18:06 -0700

Anyone interested in various meta language frameworks?

  • From: pezman <mikehogan62@gmail.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Anyone interested in various meta language frameworks?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :mime-version:content-type:received:date:x-ip:user-agent:x-http-via :x-http-useragent:message-id:subject:from:to:x-google-approved :reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe:x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=RMowMyDvduO551qzSmLqFIp/Dl3KyLZcBn68HfMYPWw=; b=LjMUSlfKRJb3JyEMDO20JmeBjFLO6qrz7TdupjnrgmhkEMmBkN6sqrgJPJBG01hURT sGQkHE/RnGirrUkl7HLf3pYxaaA/LWKJMY8HiqpBv/leWcPfyHvpRR7VhDA8nUJq48JJ F0zG/Vu8R5w+QccfsqsD6yS2My/1aEFkepk6E=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

I'm kind of interested in some of the more modern meta-language
frameworks for making DSLs and other types of specialized
transducers.  One characteristic that I'm seeing a lot is that many of
these frameworks seem to munge together traditionally separate, phased
operations like lexing, parsing, compilation etc. into less distinct
operations under the general heading of pattern-matching and re-
writing.

Anyone interested in a future session that might address CRSX (http://
crsx.sourceforge.net/), OMeta (http://tinlizzie.org/ometa/), Boomerang
(http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~harmony/) or others?  I'm not offering to
present ;), since I'm not an expert on any of these topics.

CRSX and Boomerang are local "products" (IBM Watson Research Center
and UPenn Programming Languages group, respectively), which might be
helpful as far as getting an expert.

Thanks,
mike hogan