Brent Yorgey on 12 Oct 2009 07:11:54 -0700

Re: Haskell workshop?

  • From: Brent Yorgey <byorgey@gmail.com>
  • To: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Haskell workshop?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:10:51 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :received:received:received:received-spf:received:dkim-signature :domainkey-signature:mime-version:content-type:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:x-google-approved :reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe:x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=n7Y+m/E5BVBWS8k+6nJIT4ajPzU+Z9/mbJLzSpdzr2U=; b=q+go7S1t3B4fb6fJiEprjvfGANspbjhExehyS0r9pAW0l4ibuL+RXOdo0lg1dBFiT7 9bX1fFxTyncU+VsuEIbf5zeB3MxswmlR6NHS7VFyTdhjS0y3zsHNnKb8s62FnBvx5QPB sfWuEslnE7j9oYSkNecFS0z6DarZEe/uC2FQc=
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=64bTDAZIWlsx9XMh3Qn5GQduGXyXq0O1doLILqvA98U=; b=GbdGnAVgZgOlwGRYvaGiKL23legA7dBFE3C7RvvRgEMbYuhCZwKMfr/MlikXNqMSmj lr1P+Bwct9hbYnVV9+j8Xi34an/1RWR7v75emLxu/vpjZY//AdGYIX8MRFR5fSBGRnRs n3VOmRHeR4qNMGiirl9nuBev5aPc/p/jIUlZ8=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

I could possibly present either my diagrams library or my combinatorial species library if people are interested.  The combinatorial species library has lots of brain-twisting Haskellishness, but is pretty much a non-starter in terms of real-world applicability.  =)  So the diagrams library (a pure Haskell EDSL for vector graphics) might be a better choice, although it's in the midst of a major rewrite so it kind of depends on how far I'm able to get before the next meeting.

-Brent