Jonathan Bringhurst on 13 Mar 2010 09:04:50 -0800

"Using Large-Scale Computing to Find Equilibrium Solutions in Game Theory" by Dr. John F. Nash

Sorry for the cross posting, but I thought this would be of interest
to a wide group of people in Philly (I found out about it from Walt
Mankowski's talks listserv).

-Jon

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:05:59 -0500
From: Dennis Mancl <Dennis.Mancl@ALCATEL-LUCENT.COM>
To: PRINCETON-CHAP-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG
Subject: ACM Princeton Chapter

Upcoming Princeton ACM/ IEEE Computer Society Meetings and Events

Mar. 18 - "Using Large-Scale Computing to Find Equilibrium
  Solutions in Game Theory", Dr. John F. Nash, Princeton University

=====================

PRINCETON ACM / IEEE-CS CHAPTERS
MARCH 2010 JOINT MEETING

  Using Large-Scale Computing to Find Equilibrium Solutions in Game Theory
  John Nash, Princeton University

Equilibrium problems in game theory are very useful to the
understanding of economics and many other technical fields.  In
this talk, we will get an introduction to some computational
techniques using large scale computing and Mathematica to help
us find solutions to equilibrium problems.

Dr. John F. Nash is a Senior Research Mathematician at Princeton
University.  Nash received the 1994 Nobel Prize in Economics for
his work in equilibrium problems.