Trotter Cashion on 4 Jun 2010 10:26:50 -0700

Re: Digest for philly-lambda@googlegroups.com - 8 Messages in 1 Topic

+1 for building projects w/ leiningen

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Kyle R. Burton <kyle.burton@gmail.com> wrote:
I could do several :)

 Intro to Genetic Algorithims
   http://github.com/kyleburton/intro-to-genetic-algorithms
   I've already started this but haven't finished mostly b/c of no
commitment to doing it yet :)

 Building Clojure Projects with Leiningen
   I could put together a talk on Leiningen pretty quickly, even
contrast it with
   building clojure projects with maven.

 Emacs/SLIME/Clojure Kickstart
   I gave an Emacs workshop before where the goal was to get everyone
up and running
   with Emacs+SLIME for doing Clojure development.  Would be easy to
dust it off and
   give it again.

I could also probably do a more in-depth talk about how we actually
used Clojure in the Messaging project at Algorithmics, clojure
specific lessons learned, etc.

I have used and could quickly develop basic sessions for clojure.test
(unit testing framework), Compojure (web development framework) or
Incanter (data analysis and visualization library) as well.  I have
talked informally with Aaron about these but we wanted more variety of
speakers for Philly Lambda so I've held off on offering them.

I've got a few clojure topics I've had enough experience with to build
a talk around :)

I know Mike D. ran a workshop before as well.

It would probably be useful to just have a series or lightning talks
on language features, the core clojure libraries, clojure.contrib and
leveraging other libraries.  ~10min sessions about each lib would be a
fun thing to do.  It would get people familiar with the language,
libraries, etc very quickly and hopefully spark more discussion...

Kyle

kyle.burton@gmail.com                            http://asymmetrical-view.com/