Tom Panzarella on 26 Aug 2010 07:38:59 -0700

Re: Clojure Lunch Club

Kyle,

This sounds like a great idea. While we do not currently use Clojure, it is definitely something we are interested in. Unfortunately, getting out to the suburbs, especially mid-day, is close to impossible for me and certainly for this upcoming Monday, I could not make it. However, if you are taking suggestions on topics[1], I would be *highly motivated* to get out there if the discussions focused on:

1. Clojure and concurrency in depth (i.e. more that just, "immutable data makes for safer/easier concurrent programs") 2. Incanter (i.e. "Incanter for SciPy users" or "Incanter for MATLAB users" type of discussion) 3. Clojure on "deeply embedded systems" (i.e. no operating system, JVM right on the silicon running Clojure)

I'm sure there are other topics that I would be interested in, but, in the short-term, getting more insight into the above three from some real-world Clojure users could definitely kick me in the butt hard enough to get out to the burbs and tolerate some "stalwart lispers waxing pathetic about how superior their s-exprs are over club sandwiches." ;-)

BTW, thanks for being a driving force in getting the Philly Tech community together (on various fronts) ... its much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.

[1] - Again, I am not a Clojure user so I am suggesting topics that I would like to learn more about with respect to Clojure