Aaron Feng on 17 Feb 2011 09:35:47 -0800

RSVP - Conrad Barski is coming back: Feb 28th

Hi All,

Conrad Barski, the author of Land of Lisp: Learn to Program in Lisp, One Game at a Time! will be doing this month's presentation.  Please RSVP: http://doodle.com/kzxf6s2fa9fsvhgc

The meeting has been scheduled for the 28th of February at 6:30pm.

We will use the same location as last month.  Pulsar Informatics:  3401 Market St, Suite 318.

Thanks to Pulsar for hosting the meeting and to our food sponsor, Chariot Solutions.  Chariot is currently looking for talented and passionate software developers.  Also don't forgot to register for the up and coming Philly Emerging Tech conference.

Below is the description for the talk:

Functional Programming has seen a recent upsurge in popularity due in
part to performance improvements in functional languages and also due
to the advent of web and parallel programming, two domains in which FP
offers some advantages over previous techniques. In my talk, I will
discuss my book "Land of Lisp", and give examples of functional
programming techniques from the book. I will then discuss FP
programming techniques in general, giving a survey strategies for
using FP to develop large software systems. This will include
discussions and advanced examples of FP use in languages beyond Lisp.

Aaron