Jonathan Tran on 28 Mar 2011 13:17:43 -0700

Re: Conditions and restarts in Ruby

A talk? Sure. Just name a time and place. (Not a Monday.)

At PackLate, we've used dynamic_vars in production. For those who
don't know, dynamic_vars is thread-local dynamic bindings, kind of
like Clojure's "binding", but for Ruby.
https://github.com/robdimarco/dynamic_vars

To be honest, I haven't used the conditions and restarts yet. They're
the kind of thing that once you know about them, you wonder why anyone
would want regular exceptions anymore. I was really just surprised it
didn't already exist in Ruby, so I made them. But I'm hoping that now
that they're available, I'll stumble on more uses for them.

Jonathan