Todun Osunloye on 22 Sep 2011 06:44:01 -0700

Re: Functional Fall (hoping for notes)

Thanks for the links.

On 22 September 2011 08:51, Dan Mead <d.w.mead@gmail.com> wrote:
Good meeting!

I recommend watching some talks by Phillip Wadler. He's worked with peyton-jones on a number of projects (including Haskell) and tries to be a Bill Nye sort of dude for computer science.

Some interesting stuff, with video

-a cute explanation of logic stuff in type systems (3 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYeys_in_Ng

-his tech talk on proving program correctness ( an hour)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4167170843018186532

-Peyton-jones's book on langauge design, with some chapters by Wadler. I've used this as source for a Haskell to Clojure translator I've been writting.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/slpj-book-1987/index.htm

And the rest of Peyton-jones's papers, there is lots of useful stuff here

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/papers.html

Cherio!

Dan