Nicholas Canzoneri on 20 Nov 2011 14:34:23 -0800

Anyone else looking at the Stanford courses for January?

Bunch of new courses that seem pretty interesting.

The two that I'm deciding between now are "Probabilistic Graphical
Models" and "Design and Analysis of Algorithms"

PGM, for me, looks to be more interesting to me than AI or ML was.
Hoping to satisfy that intellectual itch.

The algo class I'm looking at because I've always felt that it was a
weak point for me. I've tried to start CLRS a few times on my own, but
failed before accomplishing much of anything, so I'm hoping a more
structured environment will help.

Anyone else looking at the classes? Full list of courses offered so
far (they just added Crypto a day or two ago so might add more) at the
bottom of this page:

http://www.pgm-class.org/

Cheers

Nick