Brian Donahue on 18 Apr 2012 12:22:30 -0700

Re: anyone going to startup weekend?

I'm going this time, which will be my first. I've heard good things so am looking forward to it.

On Apr 18, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Chris Baglieri <chris.baglieri@gmail.com> wrote:

I went to the first event, Aaron and I were on the same team, it was good fun and I second his observations. The second event earlier this year was a little better on the the diversity front, though still light on designers. For this weekend's event, I joined as a co-organizer.

We focused heavily on addressing the diversity of attendees; the event is only as good as the mix of people who participate. I think we accomplished that. Based on ticket sales, the general breakdown of attendees follows: 40% developer, 40% non-techs, 20% designers.

Chris