Erin Mulder on 15 Nov 2005 05:12:26 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] A few updates

Hey Everybody,

Just a few quick updates...

A) The December meeting is scheduled for Dec 6 at 7pm.  Toby DiPasquale
will be giving a talk about Ruby Language Idioms.  This will be a great
chance for recent Rails converts to learn more about the Ruby language
from a seasoned Rubyist.

B) We need a volunteer to give a second short Ruby/Rails talk on some
interesting topic (e.g. rake, development tools, testing, PDF-writing, a
live demo).  You don't have to be an expert to do this -- you just need
to be prepared to talk for 30 minutes to a friendly audience about
something you've learned in the Ruby world.  Let me know if you're
interested!

C) We also need a sponsor for December to cover the cost of the room and
any munchies.  This is a great chance to publicize your company to a lot
of smart and interesting people who may want to work there some day.
(Thanks to Chariot Solutions for sponsoring the November meeting!)
Email me for more information about what it takes to be a sponsor.

D) If people are interested in having a future meeting in the city,
please talk to each other and find a venue so that we can get something
on the schedule.  (We can certainly try it out once or twice, but it's
difficult for me to organize since I don't know what space is available
down there.)

E) Visit the new PhillyGroups.org site for an easy calendar of local
user group meetings: http://www.phillygroups.org/

F) Don't forget about the PhillyOnRails weekly challenge.  It's a great
chance to apply your Ruby skills to a real application.
http://www.phillyonrails.org/community/Challenges

G) For a bit of Rails-powered fun, check out: http://llor.nu/

Cheers,
Erin